The District was created by House Bill No. 1385, 83rd Texas Legislature, Regular Session as codified as Chapter 8449, Texas Special District Local Laws Code, effective June 14, 2013 as a conservation and reclamation district created under and essential to accomplish the purposes of Section 59, Article XVI, and Section 52, Article III of the Texas Constitution, and operates pursuant to Chapters 49 and 54 of the Texas Water Code, as amended, and other general statutes of Texas applicable to municipal utility districts. The District consists of approximately 793 total acres.
The District is located approximately 35 miles from the central downtown business district of the City of Houston, Texas and approximately 15 miles southwest of the City of Conroe, Texas’ central business district. The District is north of Farm-to-Market 1488 along Old Conroe Road and can be accessed from Interstate Highway 45 via Farm-to-Market 1488 and Old Conroe Road. The District is located in Montgomery County and within the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the City of Conroe, Texas.